HUBBY’S HEARTY TURKEY SAUSAGE SOUP
Monday, March 18, 2019 Food
This soup my beautiful wife came up with after we always ordered a similar soup from a restaurant. At first she made it just like the original recipe or what she thought it could be. Through many changes this recipe is the best one to date. In order to share this we had to measure out the ingredients because she doesn’t cook by measurements. So you can add or subtract ingredients to your desires. Once you make it you can change it to make it the way you like it. She has made it with potatoes instead of beans, Chicken broth instead of Beef. It really is just a basic recipe that can be changed in accordance to your own personal preferences. So break out the dutch oven and get started !
She calls this recipe the Hubby’s Hearty Turkey Sausage soup. So on those cold nights it is great to walk into the house while this soup is being made. It is a comfort food that will warm you up from the inside. I am posting a video below of her making my favorite soup. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.TURKEY SAUSAGE KALE SOUP2019-03-15 15:28:13Serves 6Write a reviewPrep Time30 minCook Time45 minTotal Time1 hr 15 minPrep Time30 minCook Time45 minTotal Time1 hr 15 min554 calories13 g164 g30 g55 g13 g593 g2304 g4 g1 g13 gNutrition FactsServing Size593gServings6Amount Per ServingCalories 554Calories from Fat 268% Daily Value *Total Fat 30g46%Saturated Fat 13g67%Trans Fat 1gPolyunsaturated Fat 4gMonounsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 164mg55%Sodium 2304mg96%Total Carbohydrates 13g4%Dietary Fiber 2g8%Sugars 4gProtein 55gVitamin A75%Vitamin C12%Calcium80%Iron16%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.Ingredients
- 1 cup celery hearts w/ leaves,
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese,
- 2 cup of onion,
- 1 cup of shredded carrots,
- 1 bunch of fresh kale,
- 64 oz of bone in beef broth,
- 28 oz of turkey sausage,
- 3 tbs of flour,
- 2 cans of cannellini beans,
- 1tsp salt,
- 1 tsp of black pepper,
- pinch of crushed red pepper,
- 1 tbs of garlic chopped or minced,
- parmesan crisps.
betacalories554fat30gprotein55gcarbs13gmoreFood and Technology http://foodandtechnology.xyz/
- In a Dutch oven add olive oil to the bottom along with your turkey sausage. Brown the sausage and then remove the sausage leaving the drippings in the bottom. To the drippings add your onion, celery hearts with the leaves on it, and the carrots. Cook the mirepoix on a low heat until almost transparent then add in your garlic and sausage back into the pot. Then add your flour allowing it to cook into the mixture stirring until it disappears. At this point you want to add your bone in beef broth. Simmiring on medium heat covered for approximately 20 minutes. Stirring in small amounts of finely grated parmesan cheese until dissolved. Now add in your Kale then cover soup and allow to simmer another 10 minutes. Lastly, add in your strained and rinsed beans allowing them to cook until they are heated up and enjoy your Hearty Turkey Sausage Soup.