Lets talk about coleslaw
Who out there likes coleslaw on your bbq sandwich ? If you do then you will want to try this easy recipe made with thinly sliced cabbage, carrots and green onion, seasoned with mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar dressing. It’s what everyone wants for backyard BBQs, and summer cookouts!
Now onto Making our slaw
I love it homemade , and often with burgers or hot dogs, and yes my BBQ. This Classic Recipe made with cabbage, carrot, and onions gently mixed and coated with mayonnaise, a dab of yellow mustard, vinegar, and black pepper.
I have also made this without mayonnaise. Sometimes we dress it simply with seasoned rice vinegar. You can easily adjust these ingredients for your taste.
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (green or purple, or a mix)
- 1 carrot, grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more to taste)
- Place the cabbage, carrot, and onions in a large bowl. Add the dressing ingredients and gently mix so that all of the shredded cabbage is coated with the dressing.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.